from Zip Water
An important message to our community
- Improved hygiene principles being adopted including increased cleaning and provisions of alcohol wipes and sanitisers to staff including those in the field (both sales and service)
- Minimising person to person contact across our business and practicing social distancing
- Implementing working from home arrangements
- Instructing all external sales staff to conduct their sales calls remotely via phone, unless specifically requested to attend site
- Limiting non-essential business travel and ceasing all overseas travel
- Communicating to all staff to not attend work if sick
- Updating staff on government travel bans and isolation requirements
- Addressing food handling practices in the workplace
- Addressing unique risks posed to staff who work in the field. For example, requiring questions around exposure to COVID-19 to be asked by call centre staff prior to a technician attending the worksite. Additionally, for potential risk areas we will undertake appropriate risk assessments in collaboration with our customers and suppliers
- Procedures are currently being put in place around assessing COVID-19 exposure with our visitors and contractors
- One additional step we have taken to ensure the safety of our customers and employees is to immediately cease customer pick-ups. We will recommend for all orders to be dispatched via our National carrier STAR TRACK.
We are continually monitoring the situation and potential impact of the COVID-19 outbreak. At this stage, we are not expecting major supply chain disruptions. Fortunately, the majority of our Zip products are manufactured and assembled here in Australia, and nearly all of our supply partners who had been impacted by the initial outbreaks are back in production with shipments being received at Zip with more on the way.
We have put in place an action plan, so we are prepared. Our approach has been and will continue to be, to monitor the situation daily and implement precautionary measures, in line with public health and government guidelines.
Should a situation arise whereby our service is interrupted, we will issue further communication to those impacted.
Assuring you our best attention at all times.
Wishing you and your families health and safety,
The Zip Water Family.
Latest News and Announcements
We will endevour to keep you up to date with the latest news plus provide some useful articles with tips
to get through these difficult, unprecedented times.
19 Mar 2020
During these unprecedented times for our industry, businesses across Australia are making adjustments to mitigate the impact of COVID-19. We want to reassure you that Zip Water is actively monitoring the situation on an ongoing basis and are taking steps so that we can continue to provide you with our service.Read more